Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Time to get serious! :-D

My road bike (I call him Paris) finally arrived. I spent the day with my laptop refreshing the UPS tracker page every 15 minutes :)

He arrived in a mostly torn apart state, so I just spent an hour trying to figure out how to get him back together. It was mostly successful, and he's now in rideable condition, but his first ride will be to Full Moon Vista to get checked out and fix his shifting. And then I'll probably continue on to Lake Ontario.

The most exciting thing about having my race bike back is that I can start racing again! I've contacted the captain of the UofR cycling team and plan to join the GVCC. I also need to get myself a USA Cycling license. If I can get that all sorted out by May 24th, I just might be able to compete in the Corning Circuit Race!

If I'm going to race in less than two weeks, I'm going to need to get some serious training in first. Hopefully through the UofR team and the GVCC I'll be able to find a gorup ride or two and some ideas about where to go for training. This is so exciting!

No comments: