Thursday, June 5, 2008

Lifting and some more plan

I've been in the gym every other day this week and it's been great. I am feeling stronger, having more energy, keeping my stress level manageable and generally loving it. I realize that a week of lifting has a much bigger psychological impact than physical impact, but at least I am getting my muscles used to this particular form of abuse again. I'm staying at high reps/light weights for at least two weeks and then will talk to Neil about increasing the weight depending on what my racing situation is at that point. I'm guessing the situation will still be trying hang onto the back of the pack as long as possible.

Speaking of racing, I took the week off. I've been rather busy and stressed, and the weather was nasty, so I decided to just rest. I think it was a good decision. I'll be racing again next week though.

The plan for the next little while is as follows:

Friday: Yoga class and interval workout
Saturday: ~3 hour ride (with UR team?)
Sunday: 1 hour tempo workout, lifting?
Monday: Recovery ride with Katherine from school
Tuesday: GVCC race
Wednesday: lift

Also, I have other exciting news. I'll be back in Portland during the break between semesters, and according to Neil, he can help me bring my bike for free. That means I can use some of my new found power on flat and windy courses at PIR! I'm very excited about this possibility...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Questions:
What is an interval workout?
What is a tempo workout?
What does Neil "can help me bring my back for free" mean?

Caitlin said...

Whoops, I fixed that last one. Should be "bring my bike for free." I'll write up a post explaining types of workouts tomorrow.